Mom’s Day Out/Dad’s Day Out
Contact Wendy Wheeler-Mullins at 223-8449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Parent Resource Center
The Parent Resource Center is located at The Academy, Lexington, 475 Price Road.
Fayette County Public Schools
- Elisabeth Churchill – Early Childhood
- Laura Curiel – Early Childhood
- Becky Farmer – Moderate to Severe Disabilities
- Kim Cooper – Reading
- Donna Brown Thomas – Behavior
- Judy Greathouse Terrell – Communication Disorders
- Dawn Stinson – Moderate to Severe Disabilities – Middle/High
- Esther Williams – Behavior – Middle/High
- JoAnna Finney – Behavior – Middle/High
- Tanya Sturgill – Autism
Special Education Administrators:
- Diann Shuffettt – Assessment Specialist
- Beverly Henderson – High Schools
- Sherri Williams – Middle Schools
- Mike Muncy – 1/2 Elementary Schools
- Anne Leaumont – 1/2 Elementary Schools
The Department of Special Education is a team of professionals that are dedicated to providing services for students that are identified as special education students and teachers teaching those students. This team is capable of addressing a variety of issues and needs for students and teachers.
The mission of the Department of Special Education, dedicated to all children and youth, including those with special needs, is to educate students in appropriate learning environments. Through specially designed instruction the students will successfully demonstrate to their fullest, the knowledge and skills essential for life long learning, social well-being, and active, responsible citizenship.
In order to help families and teachers of students with disabilities locate and access services in the Lexington community, we have compiled the following documents: (Adobe Acrobat documents)
Individual Education Programs (IEP Manual).
The Resource map includes different areas such as job coaching and assistive technology and who in the community provides the service.
The provider list gives contact information for each provider.