ASBG Meeting: March 26, 2018: Legislative Issues Specific to Autism in Kentucky
Autism Society of the Bluegrass
Meeting on Monday, March 26, 2018
6:30 – 8:30 PM
St. Michael’s Episcopal Church
2025 Bellefonte Drive, Lexington, Kentucky
Please join us as the ASBG Presents:
Legislative Issues Specific to Autism in Kentucky
Bart Baldwin – Lobbyist/Consultant
1915C Medicaid Waivers Redesign (Michelle P, SCL, etc.)
Using a Managed Care Organization (MCO) to access therapies
Commercial Insurance – accessing services and HB 218
Bart has over two decades of experience in public policy, lobbying and executive level management in the health care and human services fields. He started Bart Baldwin Consulting in 2013. He has a long history of advocating on behalf of children with Autism and their families dating back to 2009. He was the primary lobbyist on the successful passage of HB 159 in the 2010 legislative session. HB 159 created the Autism Insurance Mandate and set up the licensing board for Applied Behavior Analysts. He currently advocates on behalf ABA Advocates, Hopebridge and Autism Speaks Government Relations.
Save the date!!
March 31/1-3pm Easter egg event at Tate’s Creek Christian Church-call 859-537-2634for more info
April 30, 2018 – FBA (Functional Behavior Assessment) Mark Samudre and Megan Jones
For a continuous update on what is happening in the world of autism care, visit our website at www.asbg.org or join our information and discussion group at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASBG/. Facebook: https://www.facebook-com/Autism-Society-of-the-Bluegrass and YouTube channel-ASBG Kentucky
PLEASE JOIN ASBG!
Anyone can participate in our meetings and listserv at any time, but we need involvement of members! We all benefit when we have an active stake. There are costs associated with all we do. In addition to postage, copying, and other administrative costs:
- We compensate speakers at our monthly meetings.
- We sponsor groups important to our population, such as the Best Buddies at UK and the ongoing Adults with Asperger’s/Autism Meet-up Group.
- We sponsor events with information important for our population, such as the Arc of Kentucky annual conference
- We offer regional workshops, covering such topics as difficult behaviors in toddlers and meaningful independent living for adults on the spectrum.
- We take some of our workshops on the road to areas outside our immediate region.
- We partner with Lexington Parks and Recreation to bring programming throughout the year to individuals with all sorts of disabilities.
- We provide scholarships to paid members who attend other seminars and conferences in Kentucky and beyond.
- We take autism information to disability resource fairs.
- We work on pertinent legislation in Frankfort.
- We plan, and plan, and plan.
ASBG is an all-volunteer non-profit chapter of the Autism Society of America. You enjoy what ASBG offers from time to time and know it is a valuable organization for our region, so make it official. Join us!
Send your annual membership dues of $12 to The Treasurer, ASBG, P.O. Box 24212, Lexington, Kentucky 40524-2412. Or visit www.asbg..org/about to join conveniently online.