ASBG Meeting: February 26, 2018: Medicaid 101 and Medicaid Waiver Update
Autism Society of the Bluegrass
Meeting on Monday, February 26, 2018
6:30 – 8:30 PM
St.. Michael’s Episcopal Church
2025 Bellefonte Drive, Lexington, Kentucky
Please join us as the ASBG Presents:
Medicaid 101 and Medicaid Waiver update
Lori Gresham RN, Clinical Program Manager Senior for the Department of Medicaid Services
Lori Gresham is the Clinical Program Manager Sr. for the redesign of Kentucky’s 1915 (c) waivers. She has experience in emergency medicine, pediatric care, and medical-surgical care. Her experience in Medicaid includes extensive knowledge of all of the 1915 (c) waivers from waiver applications to regulations to the inner day-to-day processes.
Save the date!!
Autism Society of the Bluegrass Monthly Meetings:
March 26, 2018 –Legislative Issues Specific to Autism in Kentucky, Bart Baldwin, ABA Advocates
April 30, 2018 – FBA (Functional Behavior Assessment) Mark Samudre and Megan Jones
ARC of KY Annual Conference: 2018
March 8 & 9-ARC of Kentucky conference– go to www.arcofky.org to register for the annual conference (deadline: February 28).
For a continuous update on what is happening in the world of autism care, visit our website at www.asbg.org or join our information and discussion group at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ASBG/. Facebook: https://www.facebook-com/Autism-Society-of-the-Bluegrass and YouTube channel-ASBG Kentucky
It’s that time of year.
PLEASE JOIN ASBG!
Anyone can participate in our meetings and listserv at any time, but we need involvement of members! We all benefit when we have an active stake. There are costs associated with all we do. In addition to postage, copying, and other administrative costs:
· We compensate speakers at our monthly meetings.
· We sponsor groups important to our population, such as the Best Buddies at UK and the ongoing Adults with Asperger’s/Autism Meet-up Group.
- We sponsor events with information important for our population, such as the Arc of Kentucky annual conference
· We offer regional workshops, covering such topics as difficult behaviors in toddlers and meaningful independent living for adults on the spectrum.
· We take some of our workshops on the road to areas outside our immediate region.
· We partner with Lexington Parks and Recreation to bring programming throughout the year to individuals with all sorts of disabilities.
· We provide scholarships to paid members who attend other seminars and conferences in Kentucky and beyond.
· We take autism information to disabilities fairs.
· We work on pertinent legislation in Frankfort.
· We plan, and plan, and plan.
ASBG is an all-volunteer non-profit chapter of the Autism Society of America. You enjoy what ASBG offers from time to time and know it is a valuable organization for our region, so make it official. Join us!
Send your annual membership dues of $12 to The Treasurer, ASBG, P.O. Box 24212, Lexington, Kentucky 40524-2412. Or visit www.asbg.org/about to join conveniently online.