Bluegrass Autism Walk 2013
The date has moved to Saturday October 19 this year. Stay tuned for more details.
Bluegrass Autism Walk 2012
Saturday July 14, 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon
Keeneland Race Course
4201 Versailles Rd.
Registration and Vendor/Agency Fair begin at 8:30 a.m.
The 2K walk starts at 10:00 a.m.
Join us for the Bluegrass Autism Walk! We plan a morning of fun while raising money for a great cause. Proceeds will be used for education, advocacy and support for Central Kentuckians on the autism spectrum and their families, caregivers and the professionals who work with them. We are a 501(c)3 organization.
Entertainment * Food * Fun Kid & Family Activities * Agency/Vendor Fair * Silent Auction
Activities and Entertainment are being lined up. Watch this space for updates!
We will have a Sensory Area with a bubble booth, yoga, face painting, library books, and sensory tables.
The Silent Auction once again promises to be fabulous!
Registration for Individuals and Teams
We are collaborating with the fundraising site Firstgiving to make registration and team-building easier for you, and make it easier for us to communicate with you. In addition, you will have the option to create your own fundraising page to share with friends and family, so even if they can’t join you for the walk, they can support you in your fundraising efforts.
We are encouraging participants to form TEAMS to increase the fun, awareness and fundraising! Choose a team name (i.e. “Team Susy,” “Will’s Walkers,” “Jogging for Josh,” etc.), and invite friends, family and colleagues to join your team. Think about making up T-shirts, signs, hats or other ways to distinguish your team!
You can also encourage your sports team, employer/employees, church, civic organization, neighborhood, etc. to form a team.
Pre-registration ONLINE or by MAIL – $20 per adult, $10 per child. On-site registration will be $5 more. T-shirts will be provided for preregistered participants, while supplies last. Please pre-register by June 25 to guarantee a T-shirt!
To register online, click on the following link:
To register by mail and pay by check, click on the following link:
For more information about registration, contact Elise Kalika ( moc.bbthgisninull@5033ksd or 859-223-0818).
A video of the 2010 event
Sponsors, Donors and Exhibitors
Thanks so much to all who supported us last year! We are once again seeking SPONSORS, DONORS and EXHIBITORS (both VENDORS and AGENCIES).
For more information on how you or your company can help, contact Patti Parsons ( moc.loanull@001orpegap or 859-278-6749)
Other Ways to Help
Help is especially needed in the following areas:
- Acquiring items for our Silent Auction
- Assisting in the distribution of fliers all over the state, and promoting the Walk through social media and email.
- Finding Sponsors to partner with us and have their business advertised on our flyers, T-shirts, and web site.*
- Acquiring donations of water and food.*
- Finding a place that would let us borrow tables and chairs for the day.
- Contacting groups that would volunteer to help on walk day and/or set up their own teams to walk.
- Asking agencies that work with the special needs community to exhibit at the walk.*
- Ask business and food vendors to have a vendor table/booth at the walk.*
* Please contact me if you find sponsors/donors/agencies/vendors that might like to be involved so I can send them a sponsor/donor/exhibitor packet.
If you have any other ideas for the day please let me know. More details will be forthcoming. Let us this make a celebratory day for our loved ones on the spectrum!
Patti Parsons, Event Planner; moc.loanull@001orpegap 859-278-6749